Moraccan White Bean Sliders
Adapted from Redbook.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, quartered
- 3 scallions, quartered
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa (or cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can (15.5-ounce) white beans (cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small (4-inch) pita breads
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise, mixed with 1 tablespoon harissa
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a food processor, pulse red bell pepper, scallions, cilantro, garlic, coriander, cumin, harissa, and salt until vegetables are very finely chopped. Add beans; pulse until beans are coarsely mashed.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl; add breadcrumbs and egg. Mix with your hands until well combined. Shape into 8 (1/4-cup) burgers. Place on a waxed-paper-lined plate and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliders and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- Cut 1 inch off the tops of pitas. Spread insides with harissa mayonnaise, then line each with a lettuce leaf, a tomato slice, and a slider.