Thursday, December 27, 2012

Easy (and DELICIOUS) Homemade Rolls

I have been on a roll baking kick lately. Bubba has been training for the Tough Mudder and has been trying to eat really healthy-proud of you babe! So...I make a deal with him that I wont make a sugary, sweet breakfast for him Sunday mornings if I can bake rolls for dinner. And that is what I have been doing for last month! I have tried a few recipes and this is our of my favorites. I found it on Pinterest, of course. I just decided not to do the honey butter. Hope you like them!
Easy (and DELICIOUS) Homemade Rolls
Adapted from High Heels & Grills

Ingredients: 
  • 1-1/2 cups hot water {as hot as you can get it out of the tap.}
  • 1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 3-1/2 to 4 cups bread flour {or all-purpose flour is fine)
  • 1/4 cup salted butter, melted

Directions:
  1. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl (I used my Kitchenaid), mix together water, yeast, and sugar; let stand until frothy, about 5 minutes.
  3. Combine the oil, salt, 2 cups of flour, and the yeast mixture until well combined.
  4. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough has pulled away from the sides of the bowl and is no longer sticky.
  5. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until elastic, about 8 minutes.
  6. Place the dough in the greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth; let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. *I will turn my oven on warm, put the bowl in the oven and then turn off the oven. This seems to help the dough rise much more quickly*
  7. After doubled, punch down dough and lay on floured surface. 
  8. Roll dough out until about 20 inches by 12 inches.
  9. Brush dough with melted butter.
  10. With a pizza cutter, cut dough lengthwise into sixths and crosswise into twelfths.
  11. Make stacks of 4 dough squares and place each stack into a greased muffin tin cup.
  12. Allow rolls to rise again, about 20-30 minutes. 
  13. Preheat oven to 375F. 
  14. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. 
  15. Once out of the oven, brush with additional melted butter if desired. 
  16. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment