Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

I thought this would be a fun post after the last one since it is its opposite. I made these for my Sunday School class this week and they were definitely a hit! I loved them...I couldn't stop eating them. If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you will love these cookies.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Adapted from Gourmet.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch process)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cups (10 oz. bag) peanut butter chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (about 8 oz.)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Into a bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In a bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy and beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Beat in flour mixture until just combined and stir in chips.

Drop dough by tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto un-greased baking sheets and bake in batches in middle of oven until cookies are just set and begin to crack on top, about 12 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets on racks 1 minute and with a spatula transfer to racks to cool completely.

*I only baked my cookies for 10 minutes and they turned out gooey and chewy, just the way I like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment