- 12 tbs (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 half-pints fresh blueberries, picked through for stems
Preheat oven to 350F. Place 16 paper liners in muffin pan.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low speed add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed. Fold in the blueberries with a spatula and be sure the batter is completely mixed.
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup just over the top, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean.